Saturday, October 13, 2007

A new friend


24 Septembre 2007

Initially, I thought this day would be like any other. However, I got a pleasant surprise over the weekend. Liz, the girl that contacted me about rooming together, asked if she could stay with me a few days, until she found a permanent place of her own. Of course, I graciously accepted her into my place. I have been dying to have a roommate or at least some kind of visitor to prevent being alone all the time. I meet her at the metro station near my home and helped her bring her bags into my place. I allowed her time to get set up and then we ran around Vincennes. After checking our email, I took her to the Chateau de Vincennes and we took some pictures outside of it. On our way back home, we stopped at Monoprix, a local grocery store, to pick up things to eat. I bought things to make a pasta dinner, which turned out to be pretty good. They have a tomato sauce that has green olives in it. Normally, I wouldn’t think to add these to my sauce but it actually makes the tomato sauce very lively, especially since I don’t have any proper spices yet. I cooked us dinner and she cleaned up, which she admitted was one of the chores she liked to do at home. After dinner and cleanup, we relaxed at home by watching a movie. All I can say is that I was so happy to have someone to talk to and enjoy a meal with. It’s been kind of lonely living by myself. We even discussed going into Paris tomorrow. Sounds like a great start to a good friendship!!

No comments: