Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meeting Up With A Good Friend

11 Octobre 2007

Today, I went to go meet Gwenola, another French friend of mine from Miami. (She was one of my residents when I was an RA.) I meet her in the 7th arrondissement, which is one of the nicest and richest parts of Paris. She lives here with her parents, but she lives in the maid’s quarters of her parents’ home. Apparently, she’s working as an underpaid assistant for a design company, helping with their appointment schedule and other such things in their office. She told me it’s only temporary, but that she currently enjoys the work. She met me at the metro station and she took me to a nice restaurant, where we shared a bottle of wine and I had a salad with warm goat cheese. We talked about the past and Miami, but we also talked about how difficult it was for her to come back to France in January after being away for four months. She was glad to see that I seemed well integrated here in France. We also both talked about how we would both like to been in a relationship with someone great. Knowing Gwenola, her life is too crazy to get into something deep with someone else. She confesses, as I expect with her, that she is always busy but she hopes to get together sometime soon. I’m thankful that all my French friends haven’t forgotten about me since I’m come to France. I don’t depend on them but it’s certainly nice to have their company when I’m the stranger in their homeland.

No comments: